The Government has allocated funding to schools to improve sports provision, encouraging an increase in participation that is sustainable.
Up to the financial year 2016/2017, we have used our funding for the following:
- Employing a specialist coach to support play activities at lunchtime
- Employing a specialist coach to develop teachers' skills in teaching gymnastics and dance
- Supporting the cost to parents for before and after school sports clubs
- Buying netball posts to enable our school to host an inter schools rally and to enable more children to attend netball club
- Employing support staff to facilitate additional netball participation and to support SEND children to participate in clubs
- Pay our subscription to our local sports partnership
- Provide an all weather container to store outdoor PE equipment
- Provide a before school club to support children who are reluctant to participate in school sport
The impact of our plans are carefully monitored by the Governing Body.
For the financial years 2016/2017 and 2017/2018, St Andrew's received £24,339 in funding. This was used to install outdoor climbing equipment for our Key Stage 2 children. We continue to provide support listed above for clubs and for our SEND children to participate.