The Parent Forum meets regularly with Mrs Lorkins. The Forum is an opportunity for parents to discuss things that interest or concern them and to share in school development. Any parent with a child in school is welcome to attend.
Our last meeting in January was attended by 4 parents. We discussed the following items:
- Homework - A questionnaire will be circulated to parents to gather their views.
- Parent Workshops - There was a much better response to the recent phonics workshops. Thirty parents attended. We discussed other workshops that parents would like to see offered.
- Parental involvement in general - The barriers to parents being more involved in their child's education were discussed. Parents felt that more information about our Pastoral Care Team would be welcomed.
- Sports Kit. Parents offered to manage this for us.
- The recent Village Carol Service was discussed.
The next meeting of the Parent Forum is on Thursday 15th March at 9am.